About the Study
This is a research study to determine if a mobile application and program can help new mothers lose their pregnancy weight and improve their health.
What happens if I join the study?
If you qualify for the study, you will be randomly assigned to a mobile health lifestyle program or usual care. Twice as many women will be randomized into the lifestyle program, and both groups will receive information about health as a new mom either through an app or texts.
All women will attend 3 study visits over the course of a year. These visits will be 6 weeks after delivery, 6 months postpartum, and 1 year postpartum. These visits will include:
· Height, weight, and blood pressure measurement
· Blood draws
· Using a mobile app called Fit After Baby or Text4Baby for 12 weeks
All participants will be compensated for their time during study visits.
Who can join the study?
· Are at least 18 years old
· Had gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, gestational hypertension, pre-term delivery, or small for gestational age during your most recent pregnancy
· No personal history of Type 1 or 2 diabetes
· Have a body mass index when you are 6 weeks postpartum between 26 and 45 kg/m2 (22 for Asians)
· Have a Wi-Fi enabled iPhone or iPod (6 or higher)
· Are capable of providing informed consent
Interested in participating in a research study? Tell us about yourself here.